TRIAL attorneys


     A Legitimation or Paternity action is necessary when a child is born and the parents are unmarried. The mother of a child born out of wedlock is entitled to the possession of the child and exercises custody of the minor child until the father becomes the legal father. A legitimation action is usually filed by the father of the minor child. This law suit will establish the father as legal father, and the judge may decide custody, visitation and child support, as well in some cases change the legal name of the minor child, if requested. 
   The Court usually requires a DNA test to determine if the alleged father, is in fact the biological father of the minor child.  The Law office of Jon L. Weinberg, PC has handled these cases for over 25 years for parents of minor children born out of wedlock.  Call (770) 443-9045 for an appointment.